HYUNDAI WIA aims to play a model role as a corporate citizen through ethical management.
HYUNDAI WIA is focusing on its staff to engage in ethical thinking while practicing the values to instill them in the corporate culture. We are making an effort to become a globally ethical company.
The employees of HYUNDAI WIA are proud to be members of an organization which has grown based on the expectations and interests of the nation to become Korea’s exclusive manufacturer of automobile and machinery components. Thus, we will endeavor to improve the competitiveness level of our nation’s key industries of automobile and machinery components to be at globally competitive levels and so lead national economic growth in the 21st century. Hence, we have renewed our ethics guide and, in order to benchmark our behaviors and valuations, hereby enact and proclaim the ethics charter.
- 1. Transparent business
- Accounting records and other finance management should be in accordance with relevant laws and regulations and generally follow a certified accounting principle so that there is accurate and transparent recording and management, based on absolute facts.
- We should not give or take bribes and others (cash, check, stock, gift card, membership card, air ticket, etc) from cooperating companies and related personnel in any case.
- We should not get any feasts and discounts in any case.
- We should not do any bets (golf, Korean card, poker, etc) with staffs of cooperating companies.
- We must use a cafeteria for any meals with staffs of cooperating companies as possible, and must keep it in the range of a social common idea for meals outside inevitably.
- We should not do any types of request, pressure pushing, and private request to the cooperating companies.
- 2. Win-win cooperation
- Fair and legal procedures should be followed at all times in carrying out duties for all business matters.
- Superior authority and predominant status should not be abused for any wrongful or illegal acts.
- A program supporting subcontractors is to be in place and through its systematic operation there shall be competitiveness achieved for the subcontractor.
- Fair and transparent business shall create the highest value, maintaining a mutually beneficial collaboration relationship with the subcontractor.
- Pursue cooperative commerce based on mutual trust and respect with the subcontractor.
- 3. Environmental management
- In process of developing and producing products, it should manage strongly not to use or to include any environmental hazards that affect human health.
- Toxic compounds (four types of heavy metals, etc) that are inhibited by legal or international common idea should not be used or overlooked its usage.
- We strive to comply the environmental standard set by HYUNDAI WIA.
- Through out all processes including developing, producing, selling, using, and disposing products, we strive to use a pertinent resource and energy and to reduce contaminants.
- We strongly support the environmental training for staffs and the environmental management for cooperating companies.
- 4. Quality management
- Establishment of the Hyundai Wia Quality System through the early settlement of the system as well as putting in place a responsible production quality system.
- New car components and new product advanced development standards should be strictly complied with in order to establish an advanced development standard, based on improvements on VDS type quality issues.
- The GQ-250 shall be accomplished at all costs.
- Reinforce training for quality awareness and quality standards.
- 5. Information Security
- Any information obtained related to work shall not be used for personal gain.
- Information obtained from the company·client·subcontractor shall not be voluntarily divulged to a third party.
- It is prohibited for any information pertaining to the client and subcontractors to be arbitrarily distorted or to disseminate false information and conduct unauthorized damage to data.
- Strengthen security measures and management control for the company’s information security.
- Practice information security as part of one’s daily routine.
- 6. Social Responsibility
- We strive to fulfill the social responsibility with the company and citizen spirit.
- We always give dream and hope to poor neighbors, and strive to achieve the society that can sustain continuously with the citizen.
- We respect the dignity and the happy right of human, and refuse child labor and compulsory labor and strongly exclude sexual attack with complying a principal of the equality for men and women.
- We work hard to respond immediately to the social request of the world.
Ethic Practical Outline
Our attitude for ethic practical outline
We always exclude any types of money and goods or feast transfer activity which are related to the works.
We always consider the honest and the fairness to our lives.
We always protect our client’s rights and benefits and keep our promise with our clients.
We always think and act in the position of customers.
We always do fair and justifiable business with cooperating companies.
We always support and raise cooperating companies in positive.
We always strive to protect the natural environment.
We always lead the quality improvement and the technical innovation.
We always consider the information of customer and cooperating company in serious.
We always contribute for the social contribution and the national development.
Employee Ethical Guideline
- Clear and fair business
- 1. We equally treat all customers without differentiation and precisely and clearly fulfill works.
- 2. Inadvertent direction that impedes the fairness of works cannot be complied.
- 3. Using superior and dominant position in works, improper requirements or compensations from corresponded personnel should not be allowed.
- Maintaining clear and fair relationship with corresponded personnel
- 1. Activities causing social blames like giving or taking bribes , loaning money, inadvertent direction, improper conciliation, solicitation, and giving a benefit that can affect you or other people on the fair work completion should not be allowed.
- 2. You should not notice your celebrity to corresponded personnel and the expenditures for it cannot be exceeded over a social custom.
- 3. In a social custom, souvenirs or gifts that are over a simple level should not be received.
- 4. You cannot receive the reception or accommodation that exceeds an ordinary custom.
- Prohibition of private profit using company property
- 1. Using company internal information known from works, you or other people cannot get any inadvertent profits.
- 2. Company property should not be used for any usages that is related to private purpose and is not related to works.
- 3. You cannot have any second job or dual employments that may influence works, without company permission.
- 4. Company budgets must be carried out reasonably and efficiently based on purpose and standard.
- Company information protection
- 1. The information that requires sales secret or security of company cannot be leak to external, and any information while working should not be leak without permission or approval.
- 2. The information related to company must not be distorted or forged illegally, and untrue facts or rumors cannot be allowed.